Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Here we go again...

It's been 11 years since I was last in Hawaii. When I got the call late last year to say that the IBA wanted to get all the past world champions back together in 2011 for a Masters comp at Pipe I was pretty bloody stoked. It wasn't long before a semi kind of panic set in though, realizing I'm not exactly in fine tune fitness wise like I was 11 years ago.

With a little under 2 months to get back in shape, it's not been easy with no surf here on the Sunshine Coast and working full time at the bodyboardshop. Life has changed a lot since competing competitively on the World Tour so I'm pretty excited to go back to Hawaii which was pretty much a second home for so many years. I thought I might as well keep track of this new journey, you never know what might happen next...

"This years event has a special twist with a Masters final featuring Ben Severson, Steve Bullet Mackenzie, EPPO and Kavan Okamura" - www.fluidzone.com

No comments:

Post a Comment